Welcome to the Work Incentives Planning & Assistance (WIPA) Projects
WIPA projects are organizations within your community that provide free benefits counseling to Social Security disability beneficiaries to help them make informed choices about work. WIPA projects offer a range of services to help you understand your options if you choose to pursue work. WIPAs are staffed by Community Work Incentive Coordinators (CWICs) who provide in-depth counseling about working, earning more money, and how working may affect your benefits.
Working with a WIPA project can help you:
- Understand the rules of specific Work Incentives and how they apply to you
- Decide whether the Ticket to Work program is right for you
- Understand the potential benefits of employment as a person who receives disability benefits from Social Security while dispelling the myths about working
- Analyze how work and earnings may impact your Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), health care, and other public benefits
- Understand the services provided by a State Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) agency or an Employment Network (EN), and how they might fit best with your needs
Once you begin working, WIPA projects can also provide information and support to help you make a successful transition to work and financial independence.
Working with a WIPA project is often a first step for beneficiaries who want to go to work.
The WIPA Project funded by a grant from the Social Security Administration for South Carolina is Walton Options (SC) WIPA Project 20/20 and is located at 514 West Ave North Augusta, SC 29841. 803-279-9611 V/TTY; 1-866-793-3407. The Lead CWIC for WIPA Project 20/20 is Robbie Breshears.
Social Security provides the Ticket to Work National Helpline for beneficiaries of social security benefits based on disability who are thinking about going to work. The helpline can provide basic information about the Ticket to Work program and will refer to WIPA program for services if needed and desired.
The TTW helpline can be reached at 1-866-968-7842/1-866-833-2967 (TTY) from M-F 8am-8pm.
Looking for more information? Click on the links below to find out more about more about our WIPA programs.
Our WIPA services are available to consumers in our South Carolina service area. If you are a consumer in Georgia who is interested in WIPA services, you can contact the Ticket to Work Helpline at 1-866-968-7842. Additionally, Walton Options is a Ticket to Work Provider working with Georgia WIPA Programs. To find out more about the program, go to our Ticket to Work page.