Walton Options is an official Employment Network of the Social Security Administration that provides Ticket to Work Program services. Ticket to Work is a free and voluntary program that is available to persons aged 18 to 64 who have a disability and receive Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits.
The goals of the Ticket to Work Program are to:
- Offer beneficiaries with disabilities expanded choices when seeking service and supports to enter, re-enter, and/or maintain employment;
- Increase the financial independence and self-sufficiency of beneficiaries with disabilities; and
- Reduce and, whenever possible, eliminate reliance on disability benefits
While participating in the Ticket to Work Program, beneficiaries can get the help they need to safely explore their work options without immediately losing their benefits and find the job that is right for them. Beneficiaries also can use a combination of work incentives to maximize their income until they begin to learn enough to support themselves.
Therefore, the individual can:
- Go to work without automatically losing disability benefits;
- Return to benefits if he or she has to stop working;
- Continue to receive healthcare benefits; and
- Be protected from receiving a medical continuing disability review while using the Ticket and making the expected progress with work or educational goals.
Do you have questions about Ticket to Work? Our Employment Services Team has compiled this list of frequently asked questions to help you understand Ticket to Work a bit better. Check out the full list on our Ticket to Work FAQ’s Page.
The Ticket to Work Program is a service we provide for our entire service area. If you are a consumer in South Carolina, you could also be eligible for the Works Incentives Planning & Assistance (WIPA) Program in addition to the Ticket to Work Program. To find out more about WIPA and the Walton Options Project 20/20, go to our WIPA page.
If you are interested in the Ticket to Work Program, please contact Walton Options on 706-724-6262 to speak with an Information and Referral Specialist. Or complete the Self-Referral Form online by clicking here.
- For full information about the Ticket to Work Program, got to: https://choosework.ssa.gov/
- For a complete guide to the work incentives, go to: https://www.ssa.gov/redbook/
- Social Security conducts national Work Incentive Seminar Events (WISE) webinars online each month for beneficiaries with disabilities and their families to learn more about the Ticket to Work Program. The goals of a WISE are to encourage SSDI and SSI beneficiaries to explore their work options and join the workforce. We regularly update our Events Calendar with the webinar details and registration links.
Looking for more resources? Click on the links below to find out more about our Employment Services Programs.