We believe all persons including those with disabilities, should be able to participate in their community. At Walton Options, we promote equality, inclusion and independence through Personal Choice, Personal Responsibility, Community Access, Education and Employment. Our goal is to help each person find and utilize the necessary, available resources on their personal journey to independence.
Simple, it’s our community and you. It’s believing that we can be a part of a community that is accessible and welcoming for people regardless of disability, and it’s seeing consumers achieve personal goals and realize that they are an integral part of the communities we live in and add value to the diversity of our community.
Walton Options offers much more than simple services. Through the various programs and outreach we do, we:
- Guide persons with disabilities as they work towards new goals;
- Teach consumers how to utilize resources to enhance their independence;
- Promote the removal of attitudinal and architectural barriers;
- Offer real, impactful learning opportunities;
- Help consumers achieve self-sufficiency through understanding benefits such as Social Security Insurance (SSI) and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI).
By working in and for our community, we are able to show that inclusion is easier than you think. Through small adjustments, reaching out, and thinking about including everyone in your activities, the CSRA and the South Carolina Low Country can be thriving, diverse communities.
Learn more about Walton Options by clicking on the links below: